The State of Global Disaster Recovery Preparedness
ANNUAL REPORT 2014
The Disaster Recovery Preparedness Council publishes this annual report to provide an overview of the current state of disaster recovery preparedness for organizations worldwide.
It contains the results of a ground-breaking online survey along with recommendations for improving disaster recovery preparedness based on best practices.
This report presents Disaster Recovery preparedness benchmark trends for a mix of companies from across the globe, large and small, that have taken the groundbreaking Disaster Recovery Preparedness Benchmark Survey this past year. It incorporates a summary of the responses from the DR Preparedness online survey along with recommendations designed to help organizations improve their own DR plans and preparedness.
The bad news: 3 in 4 companies at risk, failing to prepare for Disaster Recovery
Launched in July 2014, benchmark survey results demonstrate an enormous shortfall in DR preparedness of companies worldwide. Using a common grading system from A (the best) to F (the worst) 73% of survey participants or nearly 3 out of 4 companies worldwide are failing in terms of disaster readiness, scoring ratings of either a D or F grade. Only 27% scored an A, B or C passing grade, with the remaining 73% of respondents at risk.